DEALING POSITIVELY WITH CONFLICT
Face to face (recommended) or Virtual
Anyone in the position of needing to manage difficult situations and conversations
|Fully Pre-qualified on:
buy.nsw Supplier Hub, VendorPanel and AusTender
Manage conflict to ensure positive outcomes for team performance and culture
The goal of successful conflict management is not its elimination, but to reduce its harmful effects and maximise its useful ones. Achieve this by identifying and building on the constructive conflict management skills your employees possess.
Participants complete the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP), an online assessment dealing with conflict behaviours in the workplace. The personal report generated provides participants with self-awareness of their conflict triggers and guidance on how they can better respond to conflict situations with others. The participants explore practical approaches for improving behaviours to promote more effective workplace conflict resolution. This workshop is highly interactive and includes analysis of case studies and practice sessions.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the physiological response to conflict and how this influences the behaviour we choose
- Manage emotions during conflict
- Identify steps to navigate difficult conversations and practice around a real scenario
- Understand how to communicate more effectively
- Explore how to improve your influencing skills
- Approach a situation of conflict with a toolkit of positive actions to ensure a more constructive outcome
- Take away their personalised Conflict Dynamics Profile and gain awareness of personal triggers and explanation of behaviour
TURN A CHALLENGING SITUATION OF CONFLICT INTO A POSITIVE ONE FOR YOUR TEAM
Conflict is inevitable but managing it positively can result in long term improvement of team culture, relationships and productivity.
NSW CAPABILITY FRAMEWORK ALIGNMENT
- Personal Attributes
- People Management
RELATED WORKSHOPS ALSO AVAILABLE:
- Conducting Difficult Conversations
- Leadership Development
- Effective Communication: Understanding Self and Others
Engaging trainer and the content was clear, interacttive and informative.