Face to face (recommended) or Virtual
Half or Full Day
Leaders and team members seeking to build their workplace skills
|Fully Pre-qualified on:
buy.nsw Supplier Hub, VendorPanel and AusTender
Develop the skills and confidence to manage conflict to ensure positive outcomes for team performance and culture
The goal of successful conflict management is not its elimination, but to reduce its harmful effects and unlock the positive benefits. Your team members can achieve this by gaining an understanding of conflict and developing the skills and techniques to manage different situations that arise and how best to respond.
This workshop enables participants to understand the different types of conflict and the benefits in generating constructive debate, new ideas and a dynamic team environment. The program includes an explanation of how our bodies react to emotional situations so that participants can develop the skills to manage through different conflict incidents. Participants will assess their own conflict management style and how to use different techniques when faced with conflict situations. They will work through practical models to help approach difficult conversations and understand the importance of constructive conflict in building engaged and high performing teams.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the different types of conflicts and why it can be a positive influence
- Approach a conflict situation with a toolkit of positive actions to deliver more constructive outcomes
- Understand the physiological responses to conflict and how this influences the behaviour we choose
- Identify steps to navigate a difficult conversation
- Develop an approach to address conflict within their team
- Identify their preferred conflict management style in addition to other styles, and when to use them
- Recognise constructive and destructive responses in managing conflict
TURN THE CHALLENGES OF CONFLICT INTO A POSITIVE FOR YOUR TEAM
Conflict is inevitable but managing it constructively can result in the improvement of team culture, working relationships and productivity.
NSW CAPABILITY FRAMEWORK ALIGNMENT
- Personal Attributes
- People Management
RELATED WORKSHOPS ALSO AVAILABLE:
- Conducting Difficult Conversations
- Leadership Development
- Building Resilience
Engaging trainer and the content was clear, interacttive and informative.
Health Professional Councils Authority