WRITING JOB APPLICATIONS AND INTERVIEW SKILLS INDIVIDUAL COACHING
Face to face or Virtual
Individuals seeking one on one development
|Fully Pre-qualified on:
buy.nsw Supplier Hub, VendorPanel and AusTender
Take control of the application process to accelerate your career
Securing your next career move can be as stressful as it is important. This program helps applicants improve their performance and increases their chance of success by focusing on the knowledge and skills required to secure a role within the NSW or Australian Public Service. This one-on-one coaching session can be tailored to NSW, Local Government or APS.
Individual coaching sessions with one of our specialist trainers can assist you in successfully preparing your written application and for interview for a NSW Public Sector role, tailoring to the NSW Government Capability Framework.
Prior to the 2-hour session our coach contacts you to discuss your background experience and the role you are targetting. At this time, we request that that you email your current CV, draft application and the specific job advertisement and role description for the position for which you are applying. Our trainer then tailors an individual coaching plan to ensure specific focus areas are covered. These may include:
- How to critically examine the job advertisement and understand Agency requirements
- How to concisely convey your experience relative to the requirements of the role – including responding to behaviourally based questions and aligning to the capability framework
- Prepare for interview questions using the STARR technique
- Practice your interview responses specifically in-line with the role requirements and the NSW Capability Framework
- Techniques to improve your presentation and personal power at interview
- Strategies to manage interview nerves
Through interactive learning and easy to follow practical techniques, our coaching sessions provide sound strategies to confidently present information about your skills and experience at interview for maximum impact.
NSW CAPABILITY FRAMEWORK ALIGNMENT
- Personal Attributes
RELATED WORKSHOPS ALSO AVAILABLE:
- Individual Development Coaching
- Interview Skills Coaching
Understanding how to concisely prepare my application and practicing my responses was extremely valuable. The coach provided great feedback and tips on personal presentation and how to address questions.