WRITING JOB APPLICATIONS AND INTERVIEW SKILLS
Face to Face or Virtual
Can be split into 2 separate half day sessions
Job applicants at all levels wanting to improve their success rate
|Fully Pre-qualified on:
buy.nsw Supplier Hub, VendorPanel and AusTender
Take control of the application process to accelerate your career
Securing your next career move can be as stressful as it is important. This program helps applicants improve their performance and increases their chance of success by focusing on the knowledge and skills required to secure a role within the NSW or Australian Public Service. This workshop can be tailored to NSW, Local Government or APS.
Through interactive learning and practical techniques, this workshop provides strategies to ensure all applicants can present their skills and experience with maximum impact, in both a written application and an interview setting. The workshop reveals the principles of merit selection, gives an overview of the relevant Capability Frameworks and unpacks the language of role descriptions. Live discussions and skills practice exercises ensure the skills are honed and ready for use.
This workshop is designed to address the specific requirements of the NSW Public Sector. Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify the different recruitment and selection requirements set by various Government Agencies
- Critically examine job advertisements and decode requirements
- Understand the NSW Capability Framework and its role in recruitment and selection
- Consider techniques to help construct a written application
- Leverage the ‘STARR’ technique
- Overcome interview nerves
- Prepare for the interview to build confidence
- Master interview techniques and improve personal power
- Understand the different types of assessment processes
IMPROVE YOUR SUCCESS RATE
Being the best fit for a role is no longer enough. Make sure the hiring panel understand your value with this practical workshop.
NSW CAPABILITY FRAMEWORK ALIGNMENT
- Personal Attributes
RELATED WORKSHOPS ALSO AVAILABLE:
- Individual Interview Skills Coaching
- Merit Assessment for Hiring Managers
Proved very useful in reaffirming some things I already knew, but also suggested a range of new ideas. Detailed discussion about the NSW Capability Framework was particularly useful as this is new to me.
Historic Houses Trust