WORKPLACE MISCONDUCT INVESTIGATIONS
Face to face or Virtual
1-2 full days
Leaders required to undertake investigations to misconduct matters
|Fully Pre-qualified on:
buy.nsw Supplier Hub, VendorPanel and AusTender
Tailored to NSW Public Sector GSE Act 2013, Commonwealth Public Sector and Fair work Australia Requirements
Conducting workplace misconduct investigations is one of the most challenging duties undertaken and handling them appropriately, fairly and in a timely manner can mitigate Industrial or legal actions.
Investigating allegations of wrongdoing or misconduct requires experienced and trained investigators who possess sound judgement, a thorough understanding of a fair, legally sound and effective investigative process.
This comprehensive 1-2 day program will develop and enhance skills for all participants through interactive learning and practical techniques. The workshop provides strategies to confidently investigate matters from low level workplace misconduct up to serious levels of misconduct or criminal matters.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities for an investigation within relevant legal and policy framework (tailored)
- The principles of Natural Justice and Procedural Fairness and Standards of Proof required
- Structure and record formal records of interview
- Assess the seriousness of alleged misconduct and structure an investigation accordingly
- Recognise when a risk assessment is required, a conflict of interest or other aspects arise requiring referral, declarations or notifications
- Understand the rights & responsibilities of all parties involved
- Recognise the importance of timeliness and investigation planning
- Develop effective interview questions appropriate for the situation and parties involved
- Manage all parties and support people and/or external agencies involved
- Analyse evidence and draw conclusions to make sound findings of fact
- Correctly determine a breach of policy and if required, make appropriate workplace recommendations
- Appropriately evaluate and handle different sources of evidence and accurate records management
- Write thorough and reliable Investigation reports
INVESTIGATE WITH CONFIDENCE
Few things can be more challenging than handling a serious complaint of misconduct. This workshop provides participants with practical skills to navigate the complaint-handling process appropriately and efficiently.
NSW CAPABILITY FRAMEWORK ALIGNMENT
- Personal Attributes
- People Management
RELATED WORKSHOPS ALSO AVAILABLE:
- Leadership and Management
- Effective Communication
- Senior Leadership Development
Pitched at the right level, and not over complicated (despite the complex nature of the subject matter). The scenarios are relatable such that any manager or HR professional could face. It was so valuable to hear directly from an expert with vast experience in this area.