RUNNING EFFECTIVE MEETINGS
Face to face or Virtual
|Duration: 3 Hours|
People who lead and plan all types of internal and external meetings
|Fully Pre-qualified on:
buy.nsw Supplier Hub, VendorPanel and AusTender
Create better environments for collaboration while reclaiming efficiencies
One side effect of an increasingly collaborative workplace is a corresponding increase in the number of meetings - which can hamper productivity if they are not effectively directed and managed. This workshop helps participants develop the skills and techniques needed to gain the most from every type of meeting, whether they chair, lead, organise or attend. It also covers the skills required to improve the experience and effectiveness of virtual meetings.
This workshop starts with the importance of planning and communication, then develops further skills required for both managing and participating in meetings of all varieties. The practical elements include scenarios and active discussions skills practise sessions, helping participants identify and hone specific skills for managing more challenging situations and participants.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify characteristics of successful meetings and causes of ineffective ones
- Understand the roles of meeting organiser and leader
- Develop an effective preparation and organisation plan
- Open meetings with impact
- Stay organised during meetings through the use of rules, agendas and conversations
- Develop meeting guidelines for your organisation/agency
- Manage different styles of meeting participants
- Mitigate dysfunctional behaviour in a meeting
- Improve conference call, virtual or video meetings
- Plan and execute follow-up actions
MAXIMISE YOUR MEETING EFFECTIVENESS
Create real efficiencies throughout the organisation and encourage disciplined collaboration with this focused and interactive workshop.
NSW CAPABILITY FRAMEWORK ALIGNMENT
- Personal Attributes
RELATED WORKSHOPS ALSO AVAILABLE:
- Dealing Positively with Conflict
- Introduction to Leadership
- Influencing Without Authority
- Effective Communication
The training was professionally delivered, relaxed, informative and the presenter was willing to discuss issues in depth. Very valuable.