PUBLIC SECTOR BRIEF WRITING SKILLS
Face to face or Virtual
Anyone required to compose written Briefs
|Fully Pre-qualified on:
buy.nsw Supplier Hub, VendorPanel and AusTender
Create more compelling and relevant briefs for the Public Sector
Brief writing should be structured and easy for the audience to grasp. Through theory and a series of practical exercises, this workshop provides the tools and techniques to compose briefs more effectively, efficiently and utilising templates and protocols of your Agency.
This workshop provides participants with the knowledge and skills to craft compelling and professional Briefs. Tailored to specific Agency templates, this training is delivered by an experienced facilitator with an extensive Public Sector background.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of Plain English - writing with clarity, concisely and with impact to convey key messages
- Recognise the importance of Report Structure - effective use appropriate formats, templates and writing protocols
- Plan their brief - understanding purpose and audience, structure and style
- Identify and develop relevant content
- Write in a clear and logical layout to minimise any frustration or misunderstanding by the reader
- Understand the value of transparency and informative writing
- Recognise and use business tone standards to match your organisation
- Present visual data effectively
- Write effectively to deliver bad news
- Edit and proofread
COMMUNICATE INFORMATION CLEARLY AND WITH IMPACT
Cut through with a concise and relevant brief to ensure information is received and understood with clarity.
NSW CAPABILITY FRAMEWORK ALIGNMENT
- Personal Attributes
RELATED WORKSHOPS ALSO AVAILABLE:
- Writing Job Applications & Interview Skills
- Leadership Development
- Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills
An easy to follow workshop that will really help with my writing.
Department of Education