MERIT ASSESSMENT FOR HIRING MANAGERS
Face to face or Virtual
Prospective members and convenors of recruitment or selection panels
|Fully Pre-qualified on:
buy.nsw Supplier Hub, VendorPanel and AusTender
Lock in the policy, knowledge and skills for managing the hiring process
Active participation in the hiring process within the NSW Public Sector becomes much more manageable with this customised, practical workshop. With a clear focus on the selection processes for positions within the NSW Public Sector, the workshop also covers important changes to merit selection arising from the Government Sector Employment Act 2013 and Government Sector Employment Rules 2014.
This program delivers the knowledge and skills required to effectively participate as either the Convenor or member of a recruitment and selection panel, ensuring objective, transparent and equitable selection.
The practical nature of this workshop uses both theory and skills practice to maximise learning of the various elements of the recruitment process, including the shortlisting of applications, preparation of questions and use of the NSW Capability Framework or APS Pitch process. The facilitators also explore various assessment methods, including psychometric testing, as well as a review of policies and procedures that affect the selection process in the NSW Public Sector.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the changes to the NSW Public Sector merit-based recruitment and selection processes and procedures arising from the Government Sector Employment Act 2013 as applicable to individual Agencies
- Analyse job advertisements and provide objective advice to potential applicants
- Use effective and practical techniques during the application short-listing process
- Apply Equal Employment Opportunity principles to recruitment and selection processes
- Structure effective and equitable interviews, using both behavioural questions and the Capability Framework
- Select appropriate interview techniques and assessing skill levels
- Improve the selection decision process with objective and transparent strategies
- Prepare for and undertake Referee checks and Referee reports
- Write an Assessment Panel report
- Provide objective feedback to unsuccessful applicants
ENSURE COMPLIANCE AND PERFORMANCE IN HIRING
Maintain equitable and transparent hiring processes, while ensuring better candidate fit for all roles with this certified and practical workshop.
NSW CAPABILITY FRAMEWORK ALIGNMENT
- Personal Attributes
- People Management
RELATED WORKSHOPS ALSO AVAILABLE:
- Writing Job Application & Interview Skills
- Individual Merit Selection Coaching
The facilitator demonstrated a thorough knowledge and a depth of practical experience in panel processes and selection requirements.