INFLUENCING WITHOUT AUTHORITY
Face to face or Virtual
Leaders and team members working across a range of stakeholder levels
|Fully Pre-qualified on:
buy.nsw Supplier Hub, VendorPanel and AusTender
Find your own powers of persuasion for more effective outcomes
As roles become more flexible and organisations flatten in structure, the ability to persuade and influence others becomes an invaluable tool for building consensus and generating momentum in the workplace. This insightful workshop moves beyond traditional power structures and equips participants with the skills to work across the organisation or with external partners to gain support, inspire others and turn stakeholders into champions.
Starting with a thorough understanding of the dynamics of authority and ‘soft power’ in the workplace, this workshop builds to a series of practical exercises, allowing participants to learn skills and practice techniques in the context of their own projects and challenges. Skills practise, case studies and group exercises embed the learnings as skills for more effective outcomes. The workshop also looks at the role of influence in managing team stress, improving working relationships and building sustained buy-in for projects and ideas.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the value of positive influence
- Identify the key behaviours of effective influencers
- Match influencer tactics to different scenarios and audiences
- Prepare and position a message as a persuasive argument
- Use inspiration as a key driver of persuasion
- Identify the key aspects of trust for strategic relationship-building
BUILD EFFECTIVENESS AT EVERY LEVEL
Thrive in a networked world of working relationships as you learn to build relationships and influence with this insightful and effective workshop.
NSW CAPABILITY FRAMEWORK ALIGNMENT
- Personal Attributes
- People Management
RELATED WORKSHOPS ALSO AVAILABLE:
- Building Engaged & Effective Teams
- Building Resilience
- Effective Communication: Understanding Self & Others
- Introduction to Leadership
Fantastic - really enjoyed this course and found that it has added to my leadership understanding and knowledge further.