CONDUCTING DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
Face to face or Virtual
Leaders and team members developing skills for conducting difficult conversations
|Fully Pre-qualified on:
buy.nsw Supplier Hub, VendorPanel and AusTender
Be prepared for those conversations that matter
When critical issues arise in an organisation, difficult conversations invariably follow. The success of those conversations is often determined by the individual’s ability to manage and lead uncomfortable or difficult discussions. This workshop arms your team with the skills and tools to effectively prepare for and conduct difficult conversations, by analysing typical patterns and motivations in high-tension encounters. Reduce friction, remove roadblocks and foster more productive business conversations with this invaluable program.
This workshop is highly interactive and can be customised to reflect the group’s specific experiences. Starting with common themes, patterns and misconceptions of workplace conflict, the workshop moves through relevant case studies and live practice sessions. Through practical applications and various skill practise scenarios, participants learn the key steps to prepare for and lead a productive conversation around a difficult issue.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to create conditions for healthy dialogue
- Prepare for conversations to succeed
- Depersonalise issues by reframing to a neutral position
- Migrate from blame to problem solving
- Identify and manage emotions
- Develop your own style under stress
- Employ tactics to encourage agreement
- Recognise unsafe conversational factors and restoring trust
- Challenge with respect
- Manage stress in others – and yourself
MOVE FROM CONFLICT TO RESOLUTION
Build valuable conflict-resolution skills within your organisation and encourage collaboration under pressure with this focused and practical workshop.
NSW CAPABILITY FRAMEWORK ALIGNMENT
- Personal Attributes
- People Management
RELATED WORKSHOPS ALSO AVAILABLE:
- Managing for Good Performance
- Dealing Positively with Conflict
- Leadership Development
- Communication Skills
The role plays were a very valuable part of the day. Some conversations can lead to feeling anxious, the tips on preparing for success will be extremely useful.