BUSINESS WRITING SKILLS
Face to Face or Virtual
|Duration: Full Day
|Maximum Participants: 12
Anyone required to compose written communications internally and externally
|Fully Pre-qualified on:
buy.nsw Supplier Hub, VendorPanel and AusTender
Create more compelling and succinct business communications
Through theory and a series of practical exercises this workshop provides the tools and techniques to write more effectively – making it easier for readers to understand your message.
Designed and facilitated by a former journalist, this workshop provides participants with the knowledge and skills to craft compelling and professional business correspondence – writing clearly and with impact – with simple but effective language, structure and layout.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand appropriate formats (utilising Agency templates and protocols) and essential components of business letters, e-mails, briefings and reports
- Plan their writing - understanding purpose and audience, structure and style
- Write in Plain English clearly, concisely and with impact
- Identify barriers to effective writing
- Understand language, punctuation and grammar
- Use tone and active voice
- Use structure effectively
- Understand requirements for report writing and briefing notes
- Write effectively to deliver bad news
- Edit and proofread
- Avoid commonly confused words
- Recognise American and Australian spelling differences
WRITE CLEARLY AND WITH IMPACT TO EFFECTIVELY CONVEY YOUR MESSAGE
Cut through with effective communications to ensure your message is received and understood with clarity.
NSW CAPABILITY FRAMEWORK ALIGNMENT
- Personal Attributes
RELATED WORKSHOPS ALSO AVAILABLE:
- Brief Writing Skills
- Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills
Great workshop. The layout structures are very helpful as is the reference book.
Department of Communities and Justice